IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Process 111 2015 seat post size ?
Guest_Kernowgaz_*
post Jan 7 2016, 06:36 PM
Post #1

Guests

Hi , I've just bought a medium Kona Process 111 2015 , the frame is the correct size but the seatpost isn't. ( I'm 5' 9" )

My KS LEV Integra seatpost has a drop of 125 mm and when the seatpost is on the minimum setting in the seat tube , it's still not long enough. I've measured the whole seatpost length when fully extended and its only 340 mm long. I've looked at the KS website and the model with 125 mm drop is 390 mm long. Also whilst looking at their website I noticed the 100 mm drop seatpost is only 340 mm long - has mine got the right body length ?

Have I got the wrong seatpost or is the correct one ?

I've never bought a bike in the 20 + years I've been mountain biking where the seatpost isn't long enough.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tech
post Jan 7 2016, 10:36 PM
Post #2

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

My numbers for KS posts are

435 = 150 travel

395 = 125 travel

335 = 100 travel

That's from the bottom of the post to where the seat rails fit in the cradle.

If you somehow have a mixed up post you need to get your bike shop in the loop and they will get in touch with a KS Service center. If's very easy to swap the masts so if need be your shop will be able to swap a couple parts and have you dialed in.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Kernowgaz_*
post Jan 8 2016, 12:01 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (tech @ Jan 7 2016, 10:36 PM) *
My numbers for KS posts are

435 = 150 travel

395 = 125 travel

335 = 100 travel

That's from the bottom of the post to where the seat rails fit in the cradle.

If you somehow have a mixed up post you need to get your bike shop in the loop and they will get in touch with a KS Service center. If's very easy to swap the masts so if need be your shop will be able to swap a couple parts and have you dialed in.

Thanks,

Is the bottom of the post - the Base of the main body or the bit that the cable is attached to ?.

If it's the bottom of where the cable is attached, that's the strangest post measurement I've ever come across and I've ordered the bike thinking it would be the bottom of the main body and would be long enough.

If the measurement is to the bottom, where the cables fitted , I've got to buy a new post. Which I didn't expect to do when I'm spending so much money on a brand new bike.

+Quote Post
tech
post Jan 8 2016, 04:42 PM
Post #4

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

That's to the very physical bottom of the post.

Now it's pretty easy to swap the mast; KS has a kit for it.

Can you do a couple things to confirm fit? Tell me your height and inseam and snap a picture of the measurement of your post.

We pump a couple hundred riders through the various sizes of Process bikes during our launch so they can trail ride them and we've never had to swap posts out. We get a huge range from just about 4' to nearly 7'.

It's not impossible for your fit to be out on the edge of the paper but it is kind of unlikely.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2021 - 03:33 AM