IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Forum problems, not bike tech ,but internet tech ;-)
Guest_Vakunow_*
post Aug 14 2006, 09:08 PM
Post #1

Guests

Hi Guys!

I am having a problem with the forum and the konaworld.com homepage.

Loading konaworld.com is taking really long sometimes, a friend of mine living in about the same area as me ,but also other friends from places farther away (but still in germany)are experiencing the same problem.
We have different Internethosts.
Do any of you guys have that problem,too?
I have a 2Mbit DSL connection ,so that connection speed is not the problem I guess.

My bigger Problem is ,that it takes about 2 days (!!!) until a reply or a new topic set by me is actually posted and displayed here.. mellow.gif ohmy.gif

I have absolutly no idea why it's like that ,I'm a member in 2 more message boards ,which are just the same as
this ,exept ,that they are german boards ,probably with a german server ,but we have users from all over
europe there and they dont have that problem either ...

See you in 2 days ! wink.gif

Vakunow
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kona Bart
post Aug 16 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #2

Kona buddy

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 195

Hi Vakunow,

It is sometime really slow to open the forum page, it happens sometime to me too. The forum is hosted in North America and I don't have all the information to tell you about the size of our server. The forum is not really old and we need a bit of time to find the good way for us to make it working good and friendly for all the posters.

Concerning the time before a reply or a new topic you post is online, that's because every post has to be approved by an administrator or a moderator. I try to come 1 or 2 times per day to check the new posts coming, but the weekend, I don't have a look on it. That's why, sometime it takes a while to have your replies visible.

I will try to have a look at more regular time. Keep on posting on the Kona forum.

Cheers,
Bartt

+Quote Post
retoid
post Jul 24 2009, 05:10 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,955

I've been trying to post about 6 times now and every time the page times out and goes to a blank white page.
I am in North America, got one post in but since that I have no been able to get any more posts in without it timing out.

I'm sure it's part of the server but this forum seems to have a bunch of unused features making it a bit confusing.
If my suggestion counts for anything, I would suggest trying out Vanilla forum software, created by some friends of mine.
It's simple to use, free flowing and smooth and also free. Check it out at www.lussumo.com.

Bryan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2019 - 10:13 AM