IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
kona scrap, need help with 04 scrap
Guest_mestude_*
post Mar 1 2009, 09:17 PM
Post #1

Guests

i have been saving some money to buy a kona hoss, and also buying bikes and flipping them to make more money. i have recently bought a '04 kona scrap on ebay under some very misleading selling...i was told it was an 06, and told that it was in great shape, both of which are not true....so i discussed it with the seller and got 25% of my money back. so now im thinking i might keep the bike for a while, so i can save the Kona Hoss....

see what i need is a good recommendation on Bottom bracket for a Clydes and good fork recommendation for a clydes, and i think im going to replace the wheels...and also a seatpost and seat. i would prefer a seat post that move me back slightly..
so here is hoping for some help...
Attached File(s)
Attached File  kona_scrap.jpg ( 24.84K ) Number of downloads: 0

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tech
post Mar 2 2009, 04:44 PM
Post #2

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Ok forks, if the stock fork is in good shape then keep it. Otherwise look for something from the Marzocchi DJ family with 4" of travel.

Cranks, your BB shell size is 68mm. Something with an ISIS spline BB is going to be the most durable/affordable pick. You can get them from Raceface, FSA, and some places will even have the Kona splined Chrome-moly cranks.

Seatpost size is 30.0mm. I've seen offset ones from Raceface, Truvativ, Easton, and Koski.

Wheels, this is where you hit up the local shops and get a set of handbuilt ones for the bike. Most likely the stock hubs will be fine for this, so you'll only need to work out the rims and spokes. Anywhere you go you'll find a few wheel building gurus who can dial this in.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2019 - 10:28 AM