IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
a thought on full suspension
Guest_Andrew_*
post Apr 7 2006, 04:25 PM
Post #1

Guests

i used to ride and race on hardtails (x-c) as i had bad expierience with full suspension. I used to be owner of a very high dollar, much advertized during 2001-2002 full suspension "hand-made in usa" brand bike. Although i knew how to control the suspension settings, this was the most unstable bike i have ever ridden. Downhilling technical singletrack was a nightmare, but the worst thing was trying to climb steep sections. There was no ride without at least a couple of falls! My confidence was going away day by day! Fortunately i sold it easily! My opinion about full sussers became totally negative!
One day a friend of mine asked me to try his new King Kikapu. And this became the bike that changed my opinion about full suspension! I rushed to buy my own King next week! A few months ago i bought my Coiler Primo which as i say is the bike that made me remember the reason why i started riding on the mountains!
What i want to say with this? Sending my best regards to all mtb'rs around the globe, i want to notify that if you want to buy a full susser, it is very important to test ride it first, and dont be fooled by all those technological advances that "boutique" brands advertize under the "flash" of hand-made! Hand made is nice just for the eyes sometimes!
Kona knows about geometry! I have ridden a lot of bikes and i finally think that my confidence increased as well as my trail riding skills only on my Kona bikes! wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VTTBoscombe
post Apr 11 2006, 12:23 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

QUOTE (Andrew @ Apr 7 2006, 06:25 PM) *
i used to ride and race on hardtails (x-c) as i had bad expierience with full suspension. I used to be owner of a very high dollar, much advertized during 2001-2002 full suspension "hand-made in usa" brand bike. Although i knew how to control the suspension settings, this was the most unstable bike i have ever ridden. Downhilling technical singletrack was a nightmare, but the worst thing was trying to climb steep sections. There was no ride without at least a couple of falls! My confidence was going away day by day! Fortunately i sold it easily! My opinion about full sussers became totally negative!
One day a friend of mine asked me to try his new King Kikapu. And this became the bike that changed my opinion about full suspension! I rushed to buy my own King next week! A few months ago i bought my Coiler Primo which as i say is the bike that made me remember the reason why i started riding on the mountains!
What i want to say with this? Sending my best regards to all mtb'rs around the globe, i want to notify that if you want to buy a full susser, it is very important to test ride it first, and dont be fooled by all those technological advances that "boutique" brands advertize under the "flash" of hand-made! Hand made is nice just for the eyes sometimes!
Kona knows about geometry! I have ridden a lot of bikes and i finally think that my confidence increased as well as my trail riding skills only on my Kona bikes! wink.gif

HI Andrew - It's taken me a time to get to "know" my King Kikapu - I still , when I am wheezing up the climbs, curse it's extra weight over my hard tail - but really it is my weight which needs more trimming.

Brings the fun and smiles back.
Cheers
Pat

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 18 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #3

Guests

Full-suspension rocks! Kona Stinky forever tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ashaman
post May 8 2006, 06:17 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 288

Hey everybody, hows it going...

I'm an owner of a new XL 06 Stinky. I took all the stickers off right away, painted the frame

in a black semi-gloss finsh to protect it and it looks wicked mean.

Sure it weighs in the neighbourhood of 40 pounds but im not a small guy either. When you weigh close to

200 pounds and like to ride everything well the bike weight isn't that much. I have the same huff and puff on

a hardtail going up, but on the way down... Let me just say that only the corners and trees are slowing me

down. I have never felt this kind of confidence when on a bicycle.

Super stoked...thanks Kona for a real machine

-:ASHAMAN:-

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2018 - 12:50 PM