IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
kona Jake 2010 fork, How to assemble the fork
Guest_PatriceG_*
post Aug 8 2013, 12:21 AM
Post #1

Guests

I had a accident and have to change the fork on my Kona Jake 2010. Unfortunetly, I was not good at taking care of writing down the sequence of putting together all the pieces when I dissembled it. Is there a drawing I could get to help me. I have a ring that goes at the bottom of the fork that I can not manage to fit again. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tech
post Aug 12 2013, 02:53 PM
Post #2

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

If you post a photo of what you have I can probably tell you where it fits but if you run it by your shop they can do the same and make sure the rest is in the right place.

There are a bunch of parts you can put in the wrong way, that will mean the headset wont' adjust or parts will get wrecked.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pistol
post Sep 2 2013, 12:35 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 55,677

QUOTE (PatriceG @ Aug 8 2013, 01:21 AM) *
I had a accident and have to change the fork on my Kona Jake 2010. Unfortunetly, I was not good at taking care of writing down the sequence of putting together all the pieces when I dissembled it. Is there a drawing I could get to help me. I have a ring that goes at the bottom of the fork that I can not manage to fit again. Thanks.

I've had the same problem. Fitted a new headset and the bottom section fits nice with no play but the upper section there is some play/wobble. Not sure if something is missing or what? Interested to see your photos if you can get them up.

+Quote Post
tech
post Sep 3 2013, 05:33 PM
Post #4

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

When someone shows as guest it means they've deleted their account. I don't think they'll be posting any photos.

Ask your mechanic to confirm the headset setup.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pistol
post Sep 4 2013, 11:54 AM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 55,677

QUOTE (tech @ Sep 3 2013, 06:33 PM) *
When someone shows as guest it means they've deleted their account. I don't think they'll be posting any photos.

Ask your mechanic to confirm the headset setup.

Gotcha.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2018 - 09:33 AM