Reply to this topicStart new topic
BB fit with my stab
Guest_Kristo_*
post Feb 23 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #1

Guests

Hey there,
First post. I have a two part question.
I have an old friend I want to breath new life into. I have a 2003 or maybe 02 stab that is actually not ridden much so it is pretty mint. The parts and bits are shot though. They came off my original Stinky Five which I broke.
First off, Does anyone disagree with this project? I'm not looking for cutting edge DH or anything like the realm of dropping off anything bigger that I am (6')
I have a sweet inside line on a new Fox fork and Mavic wheelset. I also have parts that are only one season old that are coming off my Four Supreme.
The tech question I have is: I have the Race Face Evolve Cranks with the external BB. Will this set up fit in this frame. It has a universal chainguide tab on the BB shell. Or, do I have to run an internal type BB with it's own isis spindle?
Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tech
post Feb 23 2009, 11:57 PM
Post #2

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

It's usually more expensive to build a bike from pieces vs. buying a new bike. If you have some of the parts already though then the math gets a bit fuzzy on if it's a viable project.

Some of the older bikes can run into issues fitting outboard bearing BBs, you just need to make sure the swingarm will clear the cups. Most of the time you can adjust the position with spacers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
slope
post Feb 25 2009, 01:10 AM
Post #3

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 9,139

Definately build that bad boy up!
Old School Kona's rock

--------------------

15 Specialized Status
15 Rocky Mountain Altitude 27.5
16 Canfield Yelli Screamy 29
16 Chromag Stylys 26+
16 Kona Process 167 26
17 On One Codeine 27.5+

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2018 - 07:23 PM