IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Retro Konas, Stories, Pics
Guest_Kona_Nunu_*
post May 16 2008, 09:20 AM
Post #1

Guests

Is it possible, to integrate a "Retro"-part on konaworld.com? I've got a Kona Nunu since 1999 and I'm looking for more of these wonderfull bikes of the early years. So I'm really interested in old stories, old pics, old catalogues and stuff like that and I think, there are more people who are interested in those details.

I remember there was some trouble with Koga in the beginning of the 90s because of the trademark. That's why Kona-bikes were sold as "K-bikes" in Europe in 1991 or 1992 or so.

Kona was - in my opinion - one of the most successfull brand in the early 90s, showed in many competitions. What about these stories and pics?

Maybe a dream come true and I can read old stuff on konaworld.com some day. wub.gif

Regards smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
enyaw
post Jan 11 2013, 11:20 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,304

Bought my first Kona in the late 80's with everyone asking me why i was riding a girls bike just because of the sloping top tube laugh.gif

I then got a 94 Cindercone, great frame but the kona brand brakes were a pile of crap with the leavers hitting the handlebars as the cable pulled through the cantilevers under braking. Tried stainless, aluminium, titanium bolts, threadlock, superglue but nothing worked. Replaced them with Shimano XT V brakes, at last i could stop without nearly pooping my shorts laugh.gif

Also fitted Girvin Vector 2 linkage suspension forks with hydraulic damping, the thing was a real head turner and everywhere i went people would do a doubletake, stop me and hit me with ten million questions.

The Cindercone was 650 in 1994 with P2 forks, now you can get one for 850 with suspension and hydraulic brakes!!!!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2019 - 04:32 AM