IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
12mm thru axle for Cowan DS, One more question RE: 10mm hubs
Guest_Tools Mctool_*
post Feb 25 2009, 05:55 AM
Post #1

Guests

I'm looking for the 12mm thru axle conversion for my 2008 Cowan DS. Where can I get it and how much? I'd like to order online but am also wondering if any shop can order it or just Kona dealers.
Thanks
Casey

Thanks, one more question, can I use a Chris King single speed hub with 10mm fun bolts? I know I can't use a 10mm thru axle.

Thanks again!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tech
post Feb 25 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #2

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

you'll need to go to a Kona dealer, and the kits are quite rare. It seems that a 12mm axle rear hub that runs single speed well is a fairly scarce item so make sure you've got a line on that part too.

The ID for the dropouts you need is "U" and "U-ND".

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Tools Mctool_*
post Feb 28 2009, 12:39 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (tech @ Feb 25 2009, 10:42 AM) *
you'll need to go to a Kona dealer, and the kits are quite rare. It seems that a 12mm axle rear hub that runs single speed well is a fairly scarce item so make sure you've got a line on that part too.

The ID for the dropouts you need is "U" and "U-ND".

Thanks a lot! On that same note I was told that I can not run a 10mm thru axle. OK, so can I run a Chris King single speed rear hub that has 10mm fun bolts? Or am I condemned to run QR?

Thanks a ton!

+Quote Post
tech
post Feb 28 2009, 05:38 AM
Post #4

Thinking about thinking

The stock dropouts are 10mm, and just about any 10mm x 135mm rear hub will fit. I sure haven't seen too many 10mm thru-axle rear hubs except for Saint and Hone and those aren't singlespeed hubs. I see lots of 10mm solid axle bolt on hubs though so those would be a good choice. I haven't seen that hub you mention so I can't be sure on the fit, but if it's a normal hub then it should bolt up OK.

--------------------

+Quote Post
thenewguy
post Dec 2 2009, 06:59 AM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,346

QUOTE (tech @ Feb 27 2009, 09:38 PM) *
The stock dropouts are 10mm, and just about any 10mm x 135mm rear hub will fit. I sure haven't seen too many 10mm thru-axle rear hubs except for Saint and Hone and those aren't singlespeed hubs. I see lots of 10mm solid axle bolt on hubs though so those would be a good choice. I haven't seen that hub you mention so I can't be sure on the fit, but if it's a normal hub then it should bolt up OK.

i know its months late, but ive been toying with the idea of ditching the qr in the back and found that azonic makes a 12mm thru axle with a step down that makes it fit into 10mm dropouts--kinda cool, think ima order em tonite

+Quote Post
pags
post Aug 16 2010, 01:56 PM
Post #6

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,280

Tech (or anyone else),

Can you recommend /suggest a single-speed 12mm thru hub other than Halo djd bd.

Thanks

+Quote Post
tech
post Aug 16 2010, 02:49 PM
Post #7

Thinking about thinking

I don't think I've ever seen one, the Clump guys didn't run them and it just didn't seem to be a hub the component folks like Shimano or Sun wanted to make.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2020 - 07:31 AM