IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Honky Tonk - Haole geometry compared, Frame sizing question
Guest_msw_*
post Mar 22 2010, 12:52 PM
Post #1

Guests

I've got a 49cm 2009 Honky Tonk (the blue one) and am casting envious eyes over the 2010 Haole. The Honky Tonk fits me OK, but I'm considering moving up a frame size to the 53cm Haole - on the Honky Tonk I've got 40mm of spacers under the stem and 135mm of seatpost showing, with the saddle a long way back.

I checked the geometry on the Kona site and it seems that the bigger Haole should be fine; any reason why I should stick with a smaller frame? I'm about 5'8"-5'9" with a disproportionately long reach and short legs.

One thing confused me: for the same frame size the Haole has a longer head tube - not what I expected as surely it means a more upright ride?

Oh and one final thing - one UK retailer is selling something called the "Haole (Exotica)" for slightly more than the normal list price. What's the Exotica?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tech
post Mar 22 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #2

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I'd think the fit of the 53 would be good, if your legs were a bit longer I'd even think about a 56.

I had a look around at folks selling Haoles in the UK and it seems like the specs on the one they call the Exotica are the same as our regular one over here. Do they list a second plain 2010 Haole? My off the cuff guess would be it's a tag to draw some attention to the upgrades from the 2009 version.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2020 - 04:48 PM