IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Kona ute, Kid carting set up
Guest_uterider_*
post Mar 29 2009, 09:48 AM
Post #1

Guests

I've just finished setting up my new Kona Ute for carting my son to child care and picking up groceries and beer on the way home.
It was as so simple - I found an old Rex Sitsen child seat (Swedish design) at the rubbish dump, it fits perfectly over the timber rack, sandwiched over some medium density foam, attached with three bolts and I'm ready to go.
Bolt system I designed gives a bit of suspension too so its a smooth ride for both of us.
Cost of seat, bolts and new comfort foam - $15AUS.
I changed the bar set up also as I prefer a flat bar with a slight rise.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  kona_ute.jpg ( 205.19K ) Number of downloads: 5

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_steelers6_*
post Mar 31 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #2

Guests

that is a sweet setup! I have a 1 yr old and an 08 ute with the big bags. I've been trying to figure something out for him to ride with me. As an added bonus the seat matches your bike!

+Quote Post
smilingstickman
post Jun 18 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,757

Ute Rider:

Hi! For some reason, I couldn't view the attached photo of your child-seat hack for the Ute, but I'd be very interested to see what you've done. I have a 6 year-old who can ride on the back with a pad and a stoker handle-bar rig, but I'm looking for ideas for my more squirmy 3 year old.

Could you be able to post this picture on the Flickr Ute Group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1074280@N25/ ? You'll see what I've done with ours there.

Happy riding. Great bike, eh?

dh

+Quote Post
knight
post Feb 20 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,880

Looking at some of those utes, makes me feel like I might need to add yet another bike to my collection. Orginally I thought I might be able to get away with an extracyle conversion, but the utes look so slick. And lets face it if you cant look good while doing, why do it?

+Quote Post
jas
post Jun 25 2011, 10:30 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 38,053

QUOTE (knight @ Feb 21 2010, 06:03 AM) *
Looking at some of those utes, makes me feel like I might need to add yet another bike to my collection. Orginally I thought I might be able to get away with an extracyle conversion, but the utes look so slick. And lets face it if you cant look good while doing, why do it?

Had an Xtracycle with longtail kit on my old specialized stumpjumper...... always liked the look of the kona ute though. Finally found one real cheap... bout it an have now tricked it up with a bunch of shimano XTR stuff and dt swiss rims... shaved a HEAP of weight off it... on with some knobbies and I'm roosting the trails and gliding on the commutes. Wicked.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2018 - 11:04 AM