IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Project 2 fork 700c, twisted
Guest_BillR_*
post Nov 1 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #1

Guests

I need to replace the Project 2 fork on my 2007 Dew (it already twisted somehow, and the bike pulls hard to the left).

a ) Is a twisted fork covered by warranty?

b ) What are the length and/or trail specs if I need to buy a (stonger) replacement?

Thanks,
Bill
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tech
post Nov 1 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #2

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I can't recall seeing a fork twist from normal use.

I'd say your best bet would be to start out at your dealer. Go for a ride with a mechanic and demonstrate how and when the bike pulls. It could be the headset, or some other part that's causing this to happen. Once you know for sure what the problem is then you can see if it's something covered by warranty and what the best solution is to get you rolling in a straight line again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_BillR_*
post Nov 6 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #3

Guests

Thanks for the reply - upon closer inspection, the left fork leg is bent above the brake post. I was running front panniers at one point - could that have bent the fork?

I will bring the bike by my dealer - do you think there's a possibility this is covered by warranty?

Thanks,
Bill

+Quote Post
tech
post Nov 6 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #4

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Bending is usually not covered by warranty. I said usually instead of no chance since it will still need to be inspected. I can't visualize how a rack even loaded could bend a fork so there needs to be a bit more digging here to try and see why it's bent now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_BillR_*
post Nov 8 2007, 02:01 AM
Post #5

Guests

Thanks for the reply. I weigh 200 pounds and that may have had something to do with it. The dealer has looked at the bike, and is in touch with you all at Kona about what to do next. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Cheers, Bill

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2019 - 08:53 AM