Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Stab Primo 04 with Truvativ Boxguide?
Guest_tibo13_*
post Feb 27 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #1

Guests

Hi,

I bought a 2004 Kona Stab Primo a fews day ago. Can I mount a Truvativ Boxguide to the frame or does the upper guide not fit with the chain stay? I have 06 Howitzer XR bottom bracket and a 06 Holzfeller crank.

Regards

Tim
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tech
post Feb 28 2007, 03:33 AM
Post #2

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I can't see why not, we had that guide on the 06 Stab D and while it's not exactly the same bike as yours the pivot location is very close. Be ready to spend at least half a day experimenting with washers and spacers to get the perfect setup though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_tibo13_*
post Apr 9 2007, 09:21 PM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (tech @ Feb 28 2007, 04:33 AM) *
I can't see why not, we had that guide on the 06 Stab D and while it's not exactly the same bike as yours the pivot location is very close. Be ready to spend at least half a day experimenting with washers and spacers to get the perfect setup though.

Hi,

thank you for your fast answer. You were right with the boxguide. It works very well. wink.gif

But now I've some other questions about the stab primo 04 and I hope you can answer them too.

1) Does the '04 Marzocchi 888R also fit with 8" travel or will the steering angle be too flat?
(I've got the '06 888VF2 with the lower crowns. This setup works very well but I have to give it to service in a few days and during that time I'd like to mount the '04 888R which has the old, higher crowns)

2) Does the DHX Air fit to the frame or will there be problems with the space?
(The Vanilla DH works very well but I like to lighten up my bike a little bit)

3) The '04 stab primo offers 8"-9" travel. But how do I change the travel? Does the rear travel relate to the chosen wheelbase?

4) Do you know the weight of the frame (size "s") without the shock?
(My bike is now completely built-on and I forgot to weigh the frame before mounting all the parts sad.gif )

Regards

Tim

+Quote Post
tech
post Apr 10 2007, 03:10 AM
Post #4

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

The bike came stock with an eight inch 888 so that fork will be fine.

No one I know of has fitted a DHXair so I'd be really careful before committing to one. Those frames can be very touchy when trying to find space for a reservoir. That's why the bike came stock with the Vanilla DH with a remote.

Push the wheel all the way forward, 8 travel. Pull it all the way back, 9 travel.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th January 2020 - 05:10 PM