IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Kona Lanai 2009 => possible Disc brake?
Guest_wittanny_*
post Mar 29 2009, 02:20 AM
Post #1

Guests

I currently own a Kona Lanai 2009 and wondering if it can be upgraded to disc brake?. Any suggestion?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tech
post Mar 30 2009, 02:06 AM
Post #2

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Your frame and fork have disc tabs but your wheels are not disc ready. You'd need the brakes and a new set of wheels. Talk to your bike shop and see if they've got what suits your wallet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TonyZ
post Mar 19 2010, 01:21 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,640

QUOTE (tech @ Mar 30 2009, 02:06 AM) *
Your frame and fork have disc tabs but your wheels are not disc ready. You'd need the brakes and a new set of wheels. Talk to your bike shop and see if they've got what suits your wallet.

I also own a 2009 Lanai, however when looking to upgrade my wheels and make the switch to disc this week. My dealer that sold me the bike and originally told me that the fork was disc compatible is now saying that it is not. I had to look again since its been with him all winter and I couldn't believe it! There are no tabs or posts for caliper mounting on the SR Suntour fork that was O.E. on my bike. I did some looking and called sun tour and the said that Kona orders most of the SRF series they order they ask for brazed on caliper mounts but they were not sure. I am very confused at this point, so any help would be great. Thanks

+Quote Post
tech
post Mar 19 2010, 02:48 PM
Post #4

Thinking about thinking

I think the first thing to is is make sure you've got a 2009 model. What colour is your bike and what do the decals look like? 2008 had a tab on the frame but not the fork, 2009 had both.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TonyZ
post Mar 19 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (tech @ Mar 19 2010, 03:48 PM) *
I think the first thing to is is make sure you've got a 2009 model. What colour is your bike and what do the decals look like? 2008 had a tab on the frame but not the fork, 2009 had both.

I have a 2009 model It has a White frame with Silver decals coming down from the headtube. please see link below

I can also take an actual picture of it when I get home.

I have this same exact paint scheme except I do not have the Tabs on my SR-Suntour fork.

+Quote Post
tech
post Mar 19 2010, 09:23 PM
Post #6

Thinking about thinking

Make sure you shoot so I can see what model of fork it is, and also email me where you live and what shop you head too. Sometimes a shop will order a special produciton of bikes, or a country may even change the spec's. England and Canada are two good examples of places that have a lot of bikes that vary from the published international details.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TonyZ
post Mar 20 2010, 05:52 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (tech @ Mar 19 2010, 10:23 PM) *
Make sure you shoot so I can see what model of fork it is, and also email me where you live and what shop you head too. Sometimes a shop will order a special produciton of bikes, or a country may even change the spec's. England and Canada are two good examples of places that have a lot of bikes that vary from the published international details.

I got in touch with my local dealer last night and they have a Dart II coming my way on monday. Thanks again.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 04:10 AM