IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Wire rubb on pivot link is it an issue?
Guest_SafeSurfer_*
post Mar 12 2009, 08:24 AM
Post #1

Guests

Hello I got my new Kona DAGW yesterday in size 22 as recommended by kona tech. I think you were right it feels right, so thanks for the advice. I can se that the front gear shifting wire is rubbing against the pivot link I think this could cause some friktion to gear shifting and also do some damage to the linker. But maybe it is not a problem do you have any experience with this should i take any action and if so what or is it a non issue. The bike is from england so the front brake is on the right hand I really need to change that before I hurt myself :-). The 2008 has a very nice paint jobb by the way.
Cheers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_SafeSurfer_*
post Mar 12 2009, 12:51 PM
Post #2

Guests

Is it nessessary do dissasemble and lubrikate parts on a new bike or are factory assebled parts greased from the start. I know that some brands do not lubrikate as it should be, for example the cassette lockring or wheel bearings. This will make it impossible to remove at a later stage when service is needed. I had to buy new pedals the last time I changed the bottom bracket on my shop bought specialized bike because the had not greased the threads, but first I wrecked(bent) two pedalwrenches. My impression is that kona accualy does use grease when assembling but just checking, not to keen to do all the work if it has allreay been done properly.

+Quote Post
tech
post Mar 12 2009, 03:03 PM
Post #3

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

The wire contacting the rocker is normal and not an issue.

What year of and model Dawg do you have? Some models you can just remove the brake levers and flip them. On others you need to change the hoses.

The bikes come from the factory greased and lubed excluding parts the dealer assembles at the time of sale.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_SafeSurfer_*
post Mar 12 2009, 05:39 PM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE (tech @ Mar 12 2009, 04:03 PM) *
The wire contacting the rocker is normal and not an issue.

What year of and model Dawg do you have? Some models you can just remove the brake levers and flip them. On others you need to change the hoses.

The bikes come from the factory greased and lubed excluding parts the dealer assembles at the time of sale.

That is great news I put together a BeOne bike the other week and there was no grease but on the kona dere was grease on the bolts. I am afraid i need to change cables as it is xt diskbrakes on a dawg supreme 08 and they have an upp side and a down side so switching is not possible. I have juicy 3 on my comuter bike and those are possible to flipp. Bought some brake fluid from my LBS in case i need to topp off the oilresrviar after the cable switch.
Thanks for the help one again great service

+Quote Post
tech
post Mar 12 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #5

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

You'll need to find a local mechanic to do the swap, depnding on how the day goes they may be able to do it with a couple spins of a wrench or they may need to cut and re-bleed the brakes.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th February 2021 - 03:00 PM