IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2005 Stinky dee-lux with hussefelt cranks but hits the tail
Guest_missionhockey33_*
post Feb 11 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #1

Guests

Hey, ive just got my self a new frame building it up from scratch.

I have encountered a problem. i tried to put on truvativ hussefelt cranks with a 73x113mm isis bottom bracket. But when u screw the cranks on when you rotate the cranks they hit the rear of the frame. I have substuted the cranks with shimano square taper and bottom bracket for the mean time, but i really want to put the hussefelt cranks on.The shimano ones fit fine with about 10mm gap between the crank and frame.

Im thinking that the hussefelt cranks have less of an arc, or the bottom bracket length isnt long enough.

Please give me some advice.

Cheers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tech
post Feb 11 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #2

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

The shell size of your frame is 68mm. Make sure you can adjust the BB to fit that size, if not you'll need another one in the right size.

When that bike was new it was spec'd out with an ISIS BB with a 113mm axle so that is the right size there.

You should have 2 spacers each 2.5mm between the frame and the non drive cup, are there in place? If so you should have the ISIS interface checked out to see if it's in spec. There are go/no go gauges around for both the axle and the crank interface, sometimes it can be tough to find a shop that has both though.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th April 2020 - 10:05 AM