Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
What is Kona Hoss Matic 2011?
Guest_synjuice_*
post Jun 25 2011, 08:18 AM
Post #1

Guests

Hi guys!

Recently I purchased Kona Hoss Matic 2011 from one of dealers here in Russia. It looks like this http://www.velospec.ru/f/products_new/big_hoss_matic.jpg

I then visited your global site and discovered that there's no such a model in the catalogue.

Does it mean that my bike simply doesn't exist, I mean as Kona's product and some guys are labeling some chinese stuff (btw the frame has a sticker made in china)? Or it's just mu delirium?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tech
post Jun 25 2011, 04:20 PM
Post #2

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

It's a special Russian only bike. Lots of places like the UK, the US, and Canada get local models that are only for sale there. They're not on the global site since people in other countries can't get them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_synjuice_*
post Jun 25 2011, 08:56 PM
Post #3

Guests

Thanks so much for the clarification! I wanted to buy real Kona but then thought I might have be cheated happy.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_synjuice_*
post Jun 25 2011, 09:05 PM
Post #4

Guests

One more thing - where can I get specs for this model? I've got my bike with some crappy pedals and one level-worse front shifter

+Quote Post
oldfisher
post Jun 26 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,240

Yes, last year in the UK we got 3 bikes set up as aggressive ht models for the market here. I have one and its excellent.

+Quote Post
tech
post Jun 27 2011, 03:07 PM
Post #6

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

The bike shop should have a spec sheet on the bike, we'll usually send them a copy as part of the order form so they know what they're getting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
oldfisher
post Jun 28 2011, 07:57 AM
Post #7

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,240

QUOTE (synjuice @ Jun 25 2011, 10:05 PM) *
One more thing - where can I get specs for this model? I've got my bike with some crappy pedals and one level-worse front shifter

Do you mean the shifter on the handlebar or the actual derailleur?

If the derailleur then many bike brands either upgrade the rear one or down grade the front one for budget control purposes and it is nothing to be worried about.

As for the pedals - many bikes these days come with rubbish pedals or some without pedals at all. They are such a personal choice. I would highly recommend Kona's wah wah pedals. If you can't afford those Wellgo do some excellent flatties which have a similar design to DMR.

Hope this helps.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2018 - 09:36 PM