IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
'08 vs. '09 Unit 2-9
Guest_TomT_*
post Feb 20 2009, 03:06 AM
Post #1

Guests

I was wondering if any of the Kona folks know of any '08 Unit 2-9's out there that my LBS could bring in wink.gif
Failing that - is there a substantial difference between the 2 models or should I just get the '09?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tech
post Feb 20 2009, 03:55 PM
Post #2

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

If you tell me what size you're after and what country you're writing from I'll ask around.

I don't really see much of a change between the two, and I like the black 09 myself more, but the 08 orange is looking pretty good too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kellyjk
post Feb 20 2009, 06:09 PM
Post #3

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 7,866

I have an 09 unit and I also just ordered a 08 model from the UK. The first difference is the frame material ...the 08 is Dedda 12.5 which I love and also the spec is a little better on the 08 but I don't know how that will relate to ride. I have been riding the 09 since December and really like it ...hence why I bought an 08.

The 08 I am going to spec way higher end as my testement to what a great bike I think it is.

It also took me 2 months to find a 07 or 08 unit ..so good luck

+Quote Post
Guest_TomT_*
post Feb 20 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE (tech @ Feb 20 2009, 08:55 AM) *
If you tell me what size you're after and what country you're writing from I'll ask around.

I don't really see much of a change between the two, and I like the black 09 myself more, but the 08 orange is looking pretty good too.

I'm thinking an 18" - I'm 5'11 with a 31" inseam - and I'm located in Calgary AB

I didn't see much of a change either ...there's some component differences but I'm wondering if the tube set is better on the '08 (just nit picking really) & the orange does stand out more too

+Quote Post
tech
post Feb 20 2009, 09:26 PM
Post #5

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

No dice, Canada ran out of those months ago. No Unit 2-9s left from last year in any size.

OK numbers of the 09s right now though. The Chinook is on the way move quick!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 11:10 AM