Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Kona Sutra, Rack mounts
Guest_Dr S_*
post Nov 19 2010, 01:59 PM
Post #1

Guests

Hi Kona,

We're looking at a buying a pair of Kona Sutra's for our honeymoon for a UK end to end tour, we've got a couple of questions

The front racks used to mount via a band clamp to the fork as there was a braze on missing, is this the same on the 2011 model?

We'd like to get the bikes logo'd to have our names on the top tubes matching the 'Sutra' font, can you tell us what font this text is in?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tech
post Nov 19 2010, 03:31 PM
Post #2

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I'll ask the art guys if that's a recognized font.

For the rack if you follow this link http://files.konart.net/2011/hires/sutra.jpg you can see a closeup of the fork and the rack fixtures. No clamps on this one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tech
post Nov 19 2010, 11:23 PM
Post #3

Thinking about thinking

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Hi, the decal font isn't an off the shelf pattern, it's a custom one. Even you found all the letters on all the bikes that us that pattern and re-arranged them they won't link together like script.

Our Art guys says though if you send me the names and an email contact he'll see if they can concoct something.

If that won't work then the best bet is to let the decal guy see the bike, and match by eye from what they can do. Some people I know will just paint instead of creating a decal but for that you really need to be a pinstripe artist.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th October 2019 - 03:39 PM